Papillon is a subtle, French country-style quilt kit combining large scale patchwork with simple applique flowers using the beautiful Papillon range by 3 Sisters for Moda Fabrics.
The Papillon fabrics are a range of soft, sophisticated pastels featuring large cabbage roses, small sprigged wild flower prints and, of course, lots of butterflies. The colours include subtle pinks, blues, yellows and warm greys.
The centre panel of this quilt is pieced from the eight lightest fabrics from the range, while the border and applique use ten slightly darker, but co-ordinating, fabrics.
Papillon is a good sized quilt, approximately 56″ x 65″.
The kit includes:
– full instructions
– 8 long quarters of light Papillon fabrics for the pieced quilt centre
– 10 long quarters of dark Papillon fabrics for the pieced border and applique
– fabric for binding (20″)
– Bondaweb fusible webbing for the applique
To complete the quilt you will need:
– wadding (approximately 62″ x 70″)
– backing fabric (approximately 64″ x 70″)
Our Papillon kit costs £75 and is available in the shop, or you can order the Papillon quilt kit online.