SORRY, THE 2016 MYSTERY CLUB IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW MEMBERS. Sign up for our weekly news to find out all about our new 2017 Mystery Club as soon as it’s launched.
Just over a year ago, the Bramble Babes had an idea for an online block-of-the-month and mystery quilt club. We didn’t know if it would work or not, but we decided to give it a go anyway.
175 members later, we called it a success and decided to make the Mystery Club an annual thing!
What is it?
The Bramble Patch Mystery Club combines Mystery Quilt projects, a Block-of-the-Month, and Quilt-Along (QAL) with a private online space for sharing, help and interaction with other members and our staff, the Bramble Babes.
What’s the 2016 project?
There is a choice of two projects for 2016 :
- Hand-pieced : this project uses English Paper Piecing (EPP) and creates a traditional sampler-style quilt that finishes to around 60″ x 80″ without optional sashing and borders. Fabric options for this project will be a choice from a selection of current and recent designer fabric collections.
- Machine-pieced : this project is rotary cut and machine-pieced, using speedy techniques where possible. The design is a modern, irregular layout with blocks of varying sizes and types, and makes up to around 76″ x 76″ when finished (without borders). Fabric options for this project will be palette-based, choosing from Earth, Air, Fire or Water palettes.
Can I join both projects?
Of course – but be aware that these are both large projects so there is a significant amount of sewing involved if you want to complete both!
Your 2015 Mystery Club Bramble Babes, Alicia Armstrong and Fi Bowman will be back to host the 2016 Club, with Alicia taking special responsibility for the hand-pieced project and Fi for the machine-pieced one.
How does it work?
- You purchase a Mystery Club Kit from the available options.
- The Bramble Babes choose a selection of quality fabrics that will make a beautiful quilt in the mystery design – no one else’s quilt will be exactly like yours due to varying fabrics and the choices you make when cutting and stitching.
- You receive a kit full of fabrics to make the quilt top.
- For the hand-pieced project, precut EPP paper templates will also be sent throughout the year.
- You receive information on how to log in to our exclusive online clubhouse where you can download the instructions and patterns, ask for help or advice, and share your progress with other members.
- Patterns are released monthly (or more often) through the year and you work through the project at your own pace.
- You will have access to the online clubhouse from 1 January 2016 to 31 January 2017 to allow you time to download and save all the information you need to finish the project.
- If you like you can also come to our optional 2016 Mystery Club days at the shop, which are fun social sewing days with activities and speakers.
Do I need to be on the internet?
Yes. The Mystery Club is delivered online so you need access to the internet to download your patterns and instructions, ask for help and join in the discussions.
I can’t get to the shop for Club days – will that matter?
No. The Mystery Club is designed as an online Club, so all your patterns, instructions, help and discussion with other members are available in the private part of our website. The Club days are just a social add-on; you won’t miss out on anything important by not attending them.
What’s included and how much does it cost?
- Hand-pieced Mystery Club Kit : includes fabric and pre-cut paper templates to make all the blocks (approximately 9 m fabric) for a 60″ x 80″ quilt top, plus downloadable patterns and instructions; (does not include fabric for sashing, borders, backing or binding, or wadding/batting).
Cost : £180 (can be paid in 3 instalments of £60)
- Machine-pieced Mystery Club Kit : includes fabric to make the 76″ x 76″ quilt top (approximately 8.5 m fabric), plus downloadable patterns and instructions; (does not include fabric for backing or binding, or wadding/batting).
Cost : £160 (can be paid in 3 instalments : £55, £55 and £50)
We will take the first instalment when you order, and the following two on the 1st day of the next two following months. Please note that if you choose to pay in instalments, you will not receive your kit or access to the online clubhouse until your last payment has been taken.
How do I sign up?
Order one of our 2016 Mystery Club Kits to join the Club.
What about the 2015 Club?
2015 Mystery Club Kits are no longer available for purchase.
2015 Club members have access to the online clubhouse until 31 January 2016 to allow time to download and save all the patterns and information.