Yes! There is a Mystery Club for 2017! After the last two years and some four hundred mystery quilts being made, how could we stop now?
What is it?
The Bramble Patch Mystery Club combines Mystery Quilt projects, variations of Block-of-the-Month, and Quilt-Alongs (QAL) with a private online space and Facebook group for sharing, help and interaction with other members and our staff, the Bramble Babes.
What’s the 2017 project?
For 2017, we will again be offering a choice of projects :
- STARTING APRIL : Machine-pieced project – A Christmas Mystery
This 6-month project is a lively, traditionally-inspired seasonal quilt, with both abstract and pictorial blocks made with a variety of machine-sewn techniques. The finished design is 70″ x 70″ without optional extra borders. Fabric options are a choice of three palettes : Country Christmas, Scandi Christmas or Modern Brights Christmas.
- STARTING JANUARY : Hand-pieced project – Take a BOW
This 12-month project uses English Paper Piecing (EPP) to create a beautifully complex, heirloom quilt using blocks from the 19th century quilt block catalogue, the Ladies’ Art Company. There are two sizes : the Small kit finishes to 42″ x 42″ without optional borders. The Large kit includes a pieced border and finishes to 54″ x 54″. Fabrics for this project will be your choice from a selection of colour-based options.
What’s new for 2017?
The 2017 Mystery Club kits will be limited in number – there will be just 100 kits available for each project – and once they’re gone, they’re gone.
As the popularity of the Club has grown, we’ve had to take this decision to help us manage the number of members and to make sure that we have the right fabric available to meet demand.
Can I join both projects?
Of course – but be aware that these are both complex projects so there is a significant amount of sewing involved if you want to complete both!
Your Mystery Club Bramble Babes, Alicia Armstrong and Fi Bowman will be back to host the 2017 Club along with new Mystery Club Babe, Julie Yates. As usual, Alicia will take special responsibility for the hand-pieced project while Julie will help Fi with the machine-pieced one. As the Club continues to grow, we may be joined by one or two other Bramble Babes as well!
How does it work?
- You purchase a Mystery Club Kit from the available options.
- The Bramble Babes choose a selection of quality fabrics that will make a beautiful quilt in the mystery design – no one else’s quilt will be exactly like yours due to varying fabrics and the choices you make when cutting and stitching.
- You receive a kit full of fabrics to make the quilt top.
- For the Take a BOW project, you also get a pad of gridded paper for cutting your templates.
- You receive information on how to log in to our exclusive online clubhouse where you can download the instructions and patterns, ask for help or advice, and share your progress with other members. You can also join our Facebook group.
- Patterns are released at regular intervals (the exact schedule depends on the project) through the year and you work through the project at your own pace.
- You will have access to the online clubhouse for the length of the project plus an extra month to allow you time to download and save all the information you need to finish the project.
- If you like you can also come to our optional Club days at the shop, which are fun social sewing days.
Do I need to be on the internet?
Yes. The Mystery Club is delivered online so you need access to the internet to download your patterns and instructions, ask for help and join in the discussions.
I can’t get to the shop for Club days – will that matter?
No. The Mystery Club is designed as an online Club, so all your patterns, instructions, help and discussion with other members are available in the private part of our website. You can also join us on Facebook. The Club days are a social add-on.
What’s included and how much does it cost?
A Christmas Mystery Club kit : includes fabric to make all the blocks and borders for a 70″ x 70″ Christmas seasonal quilt, plus 6 months of downloadable patterns and instructions; (does not include fabric for backing, binding, or wadding/batting).
- Cost : £150
SMALL Take a BOW hand-pieced Mystery Club Kit : includes fabric and gridded paper to cut templates to make all the blocks (approximately 9.5 m fabric) for a 42″ x 42″ heirloom quilt top, plus 12 months of downloadable patterns and instructions; (does not include fabric for borders, backing or binding, or wadding/batting).
- Cost : £160 (can be paid in 3 instalments of £60, £50 and £50)
LARGE Take a BOW Hand-pieced Mystery Club Kit : includes fabric and gridded paper to cut templates to make all the blocks (approximately 12 m fabric) for a 54″ x 54″ heirloom quilt top, plus downloadable patterns and instructions; (does not include fabric for borders, backing or binding, or wadding/batting).
- Cost : £200 (can be paid in 3 instalments of £70, £65 and £65)
We will take the first instalment when you order, and the following two on the 1st day of the next two following months. Please note that if you choose to pay in instalments, you will not receive your kit or access to the online clubhouse until your last payment has been taken.
How do I sign up?
Order one of our 2017 Mystery Club Kits to join the Club.
What about the 2016 Club?
2016 Mystery Club Kits are no longer available for purchase.
2016 Club members have access to the online clubhouse until 31 January 2017 to allow time to download and save all the patterns and information.