2019/09/18: Machine Quilting for the Terrified
Having made your patchwork top you will need to quilt it.
If you would like to learn the basics of machine quilting but are not sure where to begin then come and gain confidence under Edwina's gentle tuition! Once mastered this technique will change your life!
Want to be notified when this product is back in stock?
Complete the form below and we'll send you an email when it is.
- Sewing machine in good working order, plus manual
- Spare sewing machine needles – size 80 or special quilting needles
- Sewing thread – cotton and polyester cotton
- Darning/quilting foot
- Walking foot
- Quilting bar – usually found in your box of feet and extras
- Quilting gloves
- Fine quilters’ safety pins are useful but not essential
- 1 metre plain cotton fabric (could be fat quarters)
- A selection of wadding – eg Warm and Natural, 80-/20, Polyfelt. Polyester wadding is not an easy wadding to machine quilt
- Backing fabric of a similar weight to the top fabric
- It would be useful to bring with you a pieced simple nine-patch block on which to practise several techniques.
For most classes and workshops, you will need to bring your own supplies and equipment; a list of specific requirements is sent via email at the time of your booking. When materials are included or supplied by the tutor, this will be stated in the class description.
All workshops and classes must be paid for in full. We are sorry, but sometimes we have to cancel a class due to circumstances beyond our control. If this arises we aim to give you 10 days' notice and a full refund. If you need to cancel your class booking, we require a minimum of 10 days' notice in order for you to receive a refund (less £3 administration charge). No refund can be given if less than 10 days' notice is given.