Heather Hunt - Beyond Matchy-Matchy - Part 2. 3 Days commencing 17/09/2020
My quilts are a mixture of old and new, hand and machine sewing, I find inspiration in tradition and vintage quits and love nothing more than hundred of fabrics in one quilt.
The class is aimed at quilter with some experience looking to develop their own style and colour pallet and anyone who wants to design their own antique styled quilts.
The following areas and techniques will be covered:
- Choosing fabrics that don't match
- Analyse colours
- Working with large scale prints
- Identifying fabric by era
- Use your whole stash in any quilt
- How to do 'scrappy' well
- EPP quickly and efficiently
- Applique needle turn and over paper
- Broderie Perse
- Quilt design - proportion, colour and drafting
Please note you must have completed part 1
Want to be notified when this product is back in stock?
Complete the form below and we'll send you an email when it is.
The course is over 6 full days one per month - Part 2 includes lessons 4 to 6.
Lesson 4 - Borders
- The pieced border - not for the faint of heart
- Discuss scale & proportion
- Use of EPP in the borders
- Rotary cut Shapes - eg wedges and postage stamp
- Applique borders
- When pallets stray
- Retaining the scrappy look - the renegade fabric
Lesson 5 - Finishing the centre
- Whats missing?
Lesson 6 - Quilting
- To quilt or not to quilt
- The coverlet
- Hand quilting verses the long arm
- The domestically quilted quilt
- Custom quilting - creating an heirloom
- Needles - milliners size 10 plus needlethreader
- Threads - good quality cotton neutral in colour
- Good Scissors for paper and fabric
- Pins - flat headed and applique pins
- Pencil 2B
- Template plastic or card stock
- Rotary Cutter & Cutting Mat
For most classes and workshops, you will need to bring your own supplies and equipment; a list of specific requirements can be seen above. When materials are included or supplied by the tutor, this will be stated in the class description.
All workshops and classes must be paid for in full. We are sorry, but sometimes we have to cancel a class due to circumstances beyond our control. If this arises we aim to give you 10 days' notice and a full refund. If you need to cancel your class booking, we require a minimum of 10 days' notice in order for you to receive a refund (less £3 administration charge). No refund can be given if less than 10 days' notice is given.