2019/10/18: Festive Flower Wraps
Give your Christmas some festive bling with these elegant flower wraps. Made from PVC plastic and cotton fabrics stitched and layered together to form 3 dimensional florals with ribbons and machine wrapped wire swirls to embellish them. You will learn how to satin stitch your flower edges, work with wire to bend and swirl and layer and combine multiple flowers together as you twist and twiddle to make beautiful corsages to wrap around ivory candles or maybe decorate a gift bag or add colour and tie in to a plain wreath. Whatever you decide, they will add to your festive cheer.
Want to be notified when this product is back in stock?
Complete the form below and we'll send you an email when it is.
- Sewing machine with all feet
- A open toed Zig Zag satin stitch foot or a walking foot.
- Free motion machine embroidery foot [ optional]
- Size 80 metallic needles or size 90 top stitch needles
- 2 x A4 pieces of S80 pelmet vilene
- Frixion pen
- ½ metre normal type bonda web
- Fat ¼ deep red cotton or Fat ¼ cream cotton to make the flowers
- Several metres of narrow ribbon in a colour that goes with your flower choice
- Wider ribbons and trims to embellish
- Gold metallic thread to edge flowers
- 26 Gauge wire to cover
- A glue gun and glue sticks if you own one [ there will be several for use in class]
- Beading needle and thread
- Gold seed beads to decorate centre of flower
- General workshop equipment. i.e. Very sharp large and small scissors, pins, sewing needle and thread, pencil, paper or notebook, etc.
For most classes and workshops, you will need to bring your own supplies and equipment; a list of specific requirements is sent via email at the time of your booking. When materials are included or supplied by the tutor, this will be stated in the class description.
All workshops and classes must be paid for in full. We are sorry, but sometimes we have to cancel a class due to circumstances beyond our control. If this arises we aim to give you 10 days' notice and a full refund. If you need to cancel your class booking, we require a minimum of 10 days' notice in order for you to receive a refund (less £3 administration charge). No refund can be given if less than 10 days' notice is given.