Jane Austen at Home Quilt Kit
We are thrilled to reveal our Jane Austen at Home quilt kit, created using the gloriously reproduced fabrics from the Jane Austen collection and replicating the original design whilst adding our own 'Bramble Patch' twist. Like the quilt made by Jane Austen, her mother and sister, our kit combines hand piecing for the block construction but includes a stunning applique centrepiece for you to create your own delightful quilt.
The original coverlet is a medallion design with a large central motif cut as a diamond, with a design of birds and a basket of flowers. This is surrounded by a panel of 249 smaller diamonds joined by spotted sashing. The outer edge, 11 inches deep, is made of over 2500 tiny diamonds, each with edges of 30mm.
Our quilt includes an applique diamond centrepiece surrounded by five rows of complete 4-patch diamond blocks, joined by spotted sashing. To complete the quilt we have added corner pieces using the delightful 'Correspondence' fabric which depicts Jane Austen's own handwritten letters.
The kit includes:
- 20 fat quarters of beautiful prints from the Jane Austen at Home collection
- 2.25m of Navy Spot fabric for sashing
- Cream fabric for centrepiece background
- 0.5m 'Correspondence' fabric for corners
- 1m brown fabric for inner border & binding
- 0.85m cream floral print fabric for final border (*Please note border print may vary from original illustration but will be a cream floral design)
- Paper piece templates to make entire quilt top
- Full instructions
Finished size approximately 64" x 83" (Backing fabric not included)
Fabrics reproduced by Riley Blake for EQS