Lucy Boston's Passacaglia Quilt Kit
This kit is based on Lucy's famous coverlet, Passacaglia Patchwork (the 4th quilt kit in the series)
Your kit includes a curated selection of fabrics chosen to evoke the spirit of the original, along with instructions for EPP, pre-cut papers and acrylic templates to help with fussy-cutting - this "precision cutting" of fabrics is one element that made Lucy's work so special. She herself said:
Interesting patterns can be made by cutting out particular details in the material and using them to make symmetrical figures of their own. This, of course, means very wasteful cutting whereas the original notion of patchwork was economy.?
Your kit contains:
- enough fabric to make 20 blocks, including -
- 3 m brown spotted background fabric
- 1 m brown fabric for the background squares between blocks
- 30 x 20 cm pieces of feature fabrics for the blocks
- set of acrylic templates to help with fussy-cutting
- enough precut honeycomb and square paper templates to make 12 blocks*
*You can either construct the centre blocks and work outwards, re-using your paper templates, or contact us to order more.