2021/10/29 - Angie Hughes - The Tree's Leaves
Learn how to machine embroider tree shapes, use them as texture for printing and finish off by layering up all the printing and stitching into a lovely little piece to frame up.
This workshop includes a few different and very interesting techniques. it starts on the machine making trees in an embroidery ring, a technique I learned from the amazing Alison Holt. Using the tree as a texture impressing into heat n' form blocks then printing using this impression. Lots of other techniques like foiling stencilling and machine embroidery will be seen. You will end up with a luminous orchard or woodland of gorgeous texture.
Inspired by trees and leaf shapes. Some experience with free machine embroidery would be helpful.
Want to be notified when this product is back in stock?
Complete the form below and we'll send you an email when it is.
- A piece of cotton fabric any size; mine are about 40 cm square.
- A palette
- Small sponges
- Kitchen roll, table cover
- Acrylic paints I like bright colours particularly fluorescent pink and orange, Prussian blue and any other colours you like.
- Some leaves with strong veins – a lovely savoy cabbage works well
- Forma foam (heat n’ form Art Van Go I’ll bring for sale £1.75 for 2)
- Baking parchment
- Iron and ironing pad
- Sewing machine plus threads and a free machine embroidery foot
- 8” embroidery ring wooden with the interior ring bound.
- Some thinnish wadding is quite nice but not essential.
For most classes and workshops, you will need to bring your own supplies and equipment; a list of specific requirements can be seen above. When materials are included or supplied by the tutor, this will be stated in the class description.
All workshops and classes must be paid for in full. We are sorry, but sometimes we have to cancel a class due to circumstances beyond our control. If this arises we aim to give you 10 days' notice and a full refund. If you need to cancel your class booking, we require a minimum of 10 days' notice in order for you to receive a refund (less £3 administration charge). No refund can be given if less than 10 days' notice is given. If we are forced to cancel a class due to COVID 19 restrictions a full refund will be given. If a an attendee is required to self isolate due to COVID 19 the class fee will also be refunded.